Footsteps on the beach

The journey of my life as I walk along. If time and tide fades all memories, perhaps some will remain scattered along my path...

Name:
Location: Malaysia

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Of group work, jeans and toasters...

Group work: synergy or waste of time?

I just realised that the meeting to discuss the audit case 2 nights ago was probably one of the rare few cases that our group assignments can actually be described as a 'teamwork'. Weird, considering almost 80% of all our assignments are group assignments. But there's the tendency to just split the work and do our parts. Even I have to admit that I'm the type who prefers to do group assignments on my own... not the entire thing but work on my part alone. Working with people tends to get me frustrated if I feel that they don't contribute enough or do not meet up to my expectations.
But the meeting we had the other night, it was the case which my group kept reading repeatedly and still got nowhere. It was one of the few rare cases that we actually worked in a group! Surprisingly, it felt interesting... we were throwing ideas back and forth. I think this was what most lecturers wanted us to do when they assigned group work but unfortunately, this rarely happens.

Arrrggghhh... I was suppose to be really happy with my jeans (yes it's completed) but how can i be when I acted like an idiot!!! TWICE!!! As it is, I already knew that the marker ink wasn't gonna last through the wash, but what i stupidly did was to wash my hand and touched my jeans =( 1st time was bad enough, 2nd time was worse. And I never got to take a photo of my completed jeans before I ruined it (Only because I was desperate to wear it out!) Oh well, I'm not pleased with the jeans now although it's still my 'baby' =D I'll probably get started on the skirt I bought soon enough. Probably during my coming holidays.

Oh, and it's about time I finally got my sandwich toaster! YEAY! I've been collecting loads and loads of Tesco stamps just for it. Heck I drag my mom there for weekly shopping. My dad calls it the waste of modern consumerism. Buying for the sake of getting the stamps. When I finally got enough stamps to make the exchange, the 1st week, I forgot to bring along my stamped card =( *slap my head*  Making things worse, that was the 1st time in weeks that I actually saw them having a new stock of toasters. It is usually out of stock. The 2nd week (yes, I actually remembered my card this time), surprise surprise... out of stock. When I asked them how long before they replenish a new batch... the lady actually said, why don't you check back in 2 weeks? No offence but is she stupid? 2 weeks from then would have been after the end of the promotion. What was I going to do with a stack of stamped cards after the promotion ended? Anyway, after a lot of annoying talk, she told me to call the customer service to check for availability. That's what I did... and I finally got it!!! Hooraaaahhh!!!

This entry was supposed to be made yesterday but I was too busy. Only managed a draft... so I guess the date's off, but I'm not going to change it.

Mood: Heck, I forgot my mood for yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here